This is the scenario: we have a Data control inside the Modal div, and we don’t want all the data inside this modal popup to be loaded when the main page is loaded. We want them to be loaded when the user decides to bring out the popup the first time.
- If Visible is set to “false” for the Data controls, no data binding is performed.
- A update panel is needed right inside the modal div
Note: This is assuming that you know the ModalPopupExtender’s ID on server
- Also be aware that a control’s Client-side script always runs before Server-side script
- RegisterStartupScript(Page, Type, String, String, Boolean)
Registers a startup script block for every asynchronous postback with the ScriptManager control and adds the script block to the page
- RegisterStartupScript(Control, Type, String, String, Boolean)
Registers a startup script block for a control that is inside an UpdatePanel by using the ScriptManager control, and adds the script block to the page.
By Bryan Xu